Create a New Sale from the POS System.
1. Click the "New" button.
2. The form is activated and the Default Customer ("Cash01") is selected
3. Change the Customer by Clicking in the "Search Button" to the right of the Customer Id
4. Search for the Right Customer and Click Select once you have found it.
5. Enter the Item Id, UPC or Vendor Code (SKU) and enter the Quantity then press the "Enter" key on the keyboard to use the item fast entry option of the application
6. Once the Item has been added to the form the only Option is to edit its qty and/or price
7. If you do not know the item's information, click the "Add Items" button to get the Item Search form
8. Click the "Qty" column to use a Touch-Screen Ready window to modify the Quantity of the selected Item, and repeart the same process for to change the price if you want to . Click the Close button once you are done editing the selected item.
9. Use the Item Category Dropdown or the Quick Search Categories to the left to filter the items by category
10. Use the Up/Down buttons to scroll through the Item List
11. Click on the Button inside the Qty Column to Edit the Qty and Price for the Item you want to add to the transaction. If you don't edit the price information the system will use the price according to the customer selected
12. Hit the Select button once you are done entering the items. If the "Close window after select" checkbox is checked you will be sent back to the main POS form, if not, the search window will remain open. All the Items are added to the grid below and the totals are updated.
13. If any of the items are "Cash Weight" you will need to enter their weight distribution. This is done by selecting the item from the grid and clicking on the "Weight" button (between the "Payments" and "Delete" button on the lower left side of POS screen).
14. Here you will enter weight distribution according to the quantity selected on the main screen. The number of "elements" is a reminder as to the quantity entered (in this case the quantity is 1 as there is "1 element"). You will have to enter as many specific weights as the quantity specifies. Enter weights by filling in the weight field and hitting "Enter" (This can be done with the touch screen helper on the right or using the keyboard). If you do not want to enter a weight for each, you can simply enter the total weight in the "Total" box and the weight will be distributed evenly by the quantity.
15. When you are done entering the weight distribution for this item click on the "Save" button on the weight distribution form.
16. Select if the Invoice is going to be posted Online or Offline
17. Click "Save" to save your changes or if you want to Post and finalize this transaction (with or without payments) go to step 18.
18. Click on the " Add Payments" button (last button on the bottom left of the POS screen) when you are ready to close out this POS transaction.
19. Enter the Tendered Amount in the box, the Reference number (if there is one), and select the Payment Method from the list. To add this payment click on the "Add" button or simply hit the "Enter" key on the keyboard while the Tendered Amount is active (where the cursor is currently located).
20. To accept more than one type of payment for the same transaction, check the "Split Payments" box and enter the different payments in the same fashion as before.
21. Click on the "<< Edit" button to enter the Tendered Amount using a touch screen helper.
22. If any mistakes are made, you can delete any number of payments by selecting them from the grid and clicking the "Delete" button on the bottom of the form. You can also delete all the payments at once by clicking the "Delete All" button.
23. When all payments have been entered, the system will calculate the change for the customer. If the customer is paying less than the amount due, the difference will go into his account if the payment terms allow for that.
24. When you are done with payments click on the Post button on the bottom right side of the Payments screen. If there are any errors, a screen will pop up describing the problem and the transaction will not be posted.
25. After you have successfully posted the transaction, the receipt will print and if it was posted offline you will see a reminder at the top of the POS form
26. Hit the Transmit Button once your connection has been reestablished and you will be able to see all Saved/Posted transactions that have not been sent to the server yet.
27. You can click on the "Posted Locally" or "Saved Locally" option buttons to filter the locally saved transactions
28. Click in the "+" Sign in the first column to see the details of the items in that invoice
29. Hit the transmit button to send the invoices to the main database. You will get a confirmation at the end that all invoices were synchronized. If you had problems with the transmission you will receive a message with the Invoice Number of the un-transmitted transaction and a description of the problem.
Copyright © 2018 Business Software Consulting , Inc. All Rights Reserved.